The Church Media Community
Equipping You to Communicate Effectively
support CMN & share a
library of 19K+ images, videos, etc
Go Pro!

Go Back   The Church Media Community > Video Production & Broadcasting > Video and Film Cameras
Forgot Password?
                          Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wednesday, March 19th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Seeker

Buying a inexpensive robotic camera system

My pastor wants me to do reseach on a robotic camera system. But, I need both pray and guidance in trying to find a system that the church can afford. So far, I've seen expensive systems on the web and in the stores. They just want a single robotic camera on the ceiling and in the middle of the aisle. Something to take videos of the podium and front stage. Anyone have a idea.
Reply With Quote Start a New Topic From This Comment
Old Wednesday, March 19th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Groovin' for Heaven

I looked into this, and I decided that if I couldn't do it right, i shouldn't do it at all. the "right" way was way out of my budget, so I went in a different direction

I guess we need to know what you call "inexpensive"...
Old Wednesday, March 19th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Church Media Regular

Would your pastor be willing to buy a used one? Send me a PM if you want more info.

Is your pastor looking for something that is broadcast quality or will a surveillance grade camera be suffient? Panasonic has a line of robotic security cameras in the $1800 price range and the pan & tilt controller is another $1000. Plus the pan/tilt/zoom functions can be transmitted through the same coax cable that gives you the video signal.
Old Wednesday, March 19th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Seeker

I guess the panasonic or used is in my range. But, I haven't ruled out the possiblities. Do you know a good vendor!

God is good!
Old Tuesday, February 17th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Pro-Audio & volunteer

Buy an used Canon VC-C3 at EBay. Has Pan/Tilt/Zoom/AutoFocus/Auto White Balance/6 Presets which live through a power down/IR Remote or RS232 control with free software on the net/SVideo & Composite outputs and will cost you around $200.
The VC-C1 is good also but does NOT remember presets over a power down. The VC-C4 is better, but usually goes for $400 or so. These cameras all sold (NEW) for $1200 and up and I have installed these in a lot of churches along with a DVD Recorder from Wal*Mart for around $100. and a 19" LCD TV for around $150.
Old Tuesday, February 17th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Church Media Regular

Why do you need a robotic camera, could you advertise for volunteer help and put it on a tripod and have them man it. You can tell when a camera is robotic (unless you go high-end broadcast), because of the way it pans and zooms, very..well..robotic... You could go with a HDV camera and a set of sticks for around $2000, then you would also have a great production camera as well...

The Church Media Community > Video Production & Broadcasting > Video and Film Cameras