The Church Media Community
Equipping You to Communicate Effectively
support CMN & share a
library of 19K+ images, videos, etc
Go Pro!

Go Back   The Church Media Community > vendor communities > THE METAPHORUM > Midnight Oil Books > The Wired Church
Forgot Password?
                          Register

The Wired Church This is the place to discuss concepts in The Wired Church: Making Media Ministry.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wednesday, December 6th, 2006, 10:53 AM
New Church Media Member

video production: software and camera

so...not sure if this is the place to discuss software and cams for production, but I thought I would give it a spin.

i'm trying to figure out what kind of editing software to buy for myself. i'm a media production major @ Florida State and we use Avid Media Composer for most everything we do, but I worked with Final Cut over the summer and found it more intuitive. What do ya'll think?

secondly, what are your thoughts on camera's. i know there's a huge range to choose from. a friend of mine has a nice Sony DCR-VX2100 but I would really like to find a cam closer to $1500 or less (I know that's asking a lot for a nice camera)

thanks!
josh
Reply With Quote Start a New Topic From This Comment
Old Wednesday, December 6th, 2006, 02:13 PM
will design for bandwidth
Become a CMN Professional Member!

We don't get into the technical much here. We're more of an idea collective.

And I know very little about video. I've done 2 projects less than a minute long that I've done in Premier Elements.

"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Old Wednesday, December 6th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Church Media Regular

Josh,

Sorry I can't be of much help either. Personally, I use Premiere 2.0 and have never worked with Avid or FCP though I know people who swear by FCP. Not sure how they all compare, but I like Premiere.

I've got a consumer camcorder, though it is a 3 CCD model. It doesn't have much in the way of manual controls, but takes decent video. I've use the Canon GL2 a couple times and really like it, but we don't do enough video to purchase something that nice - yet.

Best bet would be to google and find some of the forums out there and see what they have to say. There are plenty of them - opinions as well.

You might also check with the forum at churchmedia.net and see what response you get there.

Good luck
Old Wednesday, December 6th, 2006, 10:51 PM
"Your mom goes to college!"
Become a CMN Professional Member!

If you have a Mac, You could get a copy of Final Cut Express and use that. If not, I'd start out with Premiere Elements 3.

Follow me on Twitter

The Church Media Community > vendor communities > THE METAPHORUM > Midnight Oil Books > The Wired Church