Go Pro!

Go Back   The Church Media Community > Presentation Software > ProPresenter
Forgot Password?
                          Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
New Church Media Member

Running Powerpoint natively through propresenter

We have upgraded from easy-worship to propresenter and love it except one issue. My senior minister does his own PowerPoint slides. When I bring the PowerPoint slides into the cue list and run it natively it seems to have a very brief "flash" on the screen when PowerPoint starts. If I import directly into Propresenter (JPEGs) it works great. But then I lose any saved transitions or animations form PowerPoint that my senior minister has added. I am running Pro5 5.0.6 and PowerPoint 2011 14.2.1 on a MAC computer. Is anyone else having this issue and do you have a solution for me? Thanks
Reply With Quote Start a New Topic From This Comment
Old Friday, June 1st, 2012, 08:31 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

At my church we still use ProPresenter 4 (I think 5 is still too buggy), but I have seen this flash happen when switching over to PowerPoint in Pro4 as well. I'm not sure if this was what was causing it, but I realized that our PowerPoint presentations were not the same resolution as our ProPresenter output. Our output screen was set at 1280x1024 and the PowerPoints were done at 1024x768. Setting the PowerPoints at the right size corrected the problem when going IN to PowerPoint.

However, I still see a flash a lot of times when exiting the PowerPoint and going back to the logo. If I am on the last slide and go to logo, a previous slide will flash briefly as the logo appears. It's some quirk due to the way PowerPoint is implemented in ProPresenter. I have more or less learned to accept it. I don't know if anyone notices it anyway.
Old Monday, June 4th, 2012, 07:37 AM
New Church Media Member

Thank you I will try this and see if it helps. I have tried running just Power Point without running through Propresenter and it still does it so the resolution makes sense. Thanks again
Old Saturday, August 4th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Church Media Regular

I could never get that to work reliably - when it's time for the pastor to speak, I just command-tab over to keynote from ProPresenter.

PowerPoint seems to mess with ProPresenter, so I always have to quit PP, launch PowerPoint and put it in presentation mode.

Needless to say, I'm very happy my pastor switched to keynote on his own

When he is done I just switch back to PP via command tab. Videos used to be an issue until I showed him how to embed them into Keynote (much easier than PowerPoint!)

If the RV guys add a few more transitions and let me animate or at least stagger the display of objects on screen similar to the bullet point reveal, then maybe I could convince the staff to ditch keynote/powerpoint all together! As it is, there is too much power in the animation capabilities of both - you can force it to work in PP, but it's not pretty.

The Church Media Community > Presentation Software > ProPresenter