Go Pro!

Go Back   The Church Media Community > Presentation Software > MediaShout
Forgot Password?
                          Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Monday, January 23rd, 2006, 05:53 AM
jandbonline
Spectator

Bash What are your computer specs running Media Shout?

What are your computer specs running Media Shout? My church went and bought a Wal-mart special computer and it is just driving us nuts. What are you all using?
Reply With Quote Start a New Topic From This Comment
Old Monday, January 23rd, 2006, 06:18 AM
Media Wizard
Become a CMN Professional Member!

well there are a few things you can do with what you have to increase the usability.
1. Have all graphics (slides, backgrounds, etc.) at the native resolution of your projector. As they don't have to be resized on the fly, they run faster.
2. If your machine is not fast enough or needs more memory, forget video backgrounds (I don't use them as a rule anyway).
3. Shut down ALL background operations you don't need with taskmanger. You would be amazed at what is running in the background on your pc (usually without your knowledge).

You can get specs on what is needed from the MS website (as far as hardware).

hope this helps.
Old Monday, January 23rd, 2006, 06:28 AM
Multi-Media Dude

My church is running Mediashout 3.0 on a donated HP Media Center PC. It has a 3Ghz processor with 1 meg of ram (upgradeable to 4). The media center pc is great, it has Firewire, RCA connections, and S-Video in the front and the back.
Old Monday, January 23rd, 2006, 08:06 AM
New Church Media Member

I'm running mediashout 3 on a custom built P4 3Ghz dual core processor with 1GB of ram and an ATI Radeon dual video card. It's running winXP SP2.

Hey, Scott D, when you said your PC has "1 meg of ram" I assume you ment 1 Gigabyte not 1 megabyte, right?
Old Monday, January 23rd, 2006, 12:27 PM
Multi-Media Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada
I'm running mediashout 3 on a custom built P4 3Ghz dual core processor with 1GB of ram and an ATI Radeon dual video card. It's running winXP SP2.

Hey, Scott D, when you said your PC has "1 meg of ram" I assume you ment 1 Gigabyte not 1 megabyte, right?
Uh, uh, ....heheh, yeah.
Old Monday, January 23rd, 2006, 08:25 PM
Will Work For Food

you can find the system requirments from that link on the mediashout website

Most of the computers from wallmart that i have seen have shared vedio memory.
[quote][integrated graphics and shared memory: Some lower-end desktops and notebooks as well as some super-light notebooks come equipped with "integrated graphics" – the graphics hardware is integrated with the motherboard rather than residing on a separate graphics card or display adapter. In such cases, the system relies on shared memory. With no VRAM of its own, it reserves a portion (e.g., 128 MB) of the computer’s RAM to use for graphics processing. In our v3.0 tests, even when the system has more than enough RAM to share, high-demand tasks such as displaying text over video resulted in unacceptable quality and performance. Therefore, systems with integrated graphics and shared memory (e.g., Intel Extreme Graphics) cannot be relied upon for v3./QUOTE]

We have a laptop that does have shared v-memory and run V3 on it (in fact has less then the recomended 12 However we can only run static backgrounds on it and some motion backgrounds with text over them.

The big thing is to make sure all your updates are run *both windows and, Power point as well as media shout.
and are using DirectX 9

With you cues only use a drop shadow or outline not both and try to keep it to 2 or less if you can.

You may find you will not be able to play DVD's through media shout and not use the live vedio feature because of under-spec computer

If you find that the problem is from a under-spec laptop you can get buy till you can purchase a better computer as i said using just static backgrounds and simple transtions and effects. To not let a good laptop go to waist we now use the laptop that isnt powerfull enough for worship as a script editing machine
If someone else is creating a script will let them take it home to create and edit scripts on it.

As far as the spec's my laptop its http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...00379693&lc=en

and for our computer its 2.8 gig with 2 gig of ram and a ati x300 with 128 meg's of ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott D
My church is running Media-shout 3.0 on a donated HP Media Center PC. It has a 3Ghz processor with 1 meg of ram (upgradeable to 4). The media center pc is great, it has Firewire, RCA connections, and S-Video in the front and the back.
Just a note Media Center PC's are not "supported" buy media-shout i run and i know several others who do with no problems.

Last edited by kac4him; Monday, January 23rd, 2006 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Merged Double Posts

The Church Media Community > Presentation Software > MediaShout