The Church Media Community
Equipping You to Communicate Effectively
support CMN & share a
library of 19K+ images, videos, etc
Go Pro!

Go Back   The Church Media Community > Graphics & Photography > Graphics Ideas
Forgot Password?
                          Register

Graphics Ideas Looking for images for your presentations? Need an idea for graphics?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tuesday, July 13th, 2004, 11:51 AM
musiccat
Spectator

Ordination Service Ideas

We are including our ordination of elders and deacons in our worship service this coming Sunday. (FYI, we are an Independent Christian Church.) I need some ideas for screen graphics ....

Also, since I didn't go to seminary (such a heathen!!), does anyone have an online resource or something in your files for some type of order for the ordination of elders and deacons? I'm just looking for some ideas to compare with what they've done at this church for years and years and years and years (nothing wrong with it, just seeing if there is something new and refreshing that can add something special to this time that has become somewhat stale in the past!!!!).

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Start a New Topic From This Comment
Old Tuesday, July 13th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Media Wizard
Become a CMN Professional Member!

Well, I've been to a couple of ordinations and they were both fairly similar (although from different denominations). They prayed (always a good thing), they explained why the person was being ordained, they prayed some more, they anointed the person being ordained (and spouse) with oil (in one case), they allowed them the opportunity to speak and then they prayed.
Old Tuesday, July 13th, 2004, 04:07 PM
musiccat
Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone
Be sure to check out Kevin Young's Ordination Video in the MXC.
I would if I wasn't on this STINKIN' dial-up!!!!! I'll have to download it at church and check it out! Thanks for the heads up!
Old Tuesday, July 13th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Lover of toast

I was just thinking about a lovely graphic that represented the all-encompassing love of our Lord. A nice flat black background with an expansive nothingness in front of it.

Alternatively, perhaps consider something that would represent His omni-presence. Splashing the screen with every color creating a total and complete mixture yielding a totally white background -- uninterrupted by flaws. The purity of His majesty encapsulated.
Just two ideas.
(I had some other ideas about clowns that didn't make the cut...this time.)
Old Tuesday, July 13th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Kevin Young
Spectator

Not sure if this will help you out or not..... http://www.kmyoung.com/ordination/ordination.html

It is a record of the experiences of my own ordination.
Old Tuesday, July 13th, 2004, 06:22 PM
crazy busy photographer

we should all be glad to not be ordained at scott's church!!!
Old Tuesday, July 13th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Media Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccat
We are including our ordination of elders and deacons in our worship service this coming Sunday. (FYI, we are an Independent Christian Church.) I need some ideas for screen graphics ....

Also, since I didn't go to seminary (such a heathen!!), does anyone have an online resource or something in your files for some type of order for the ordination of elders and deacons? I'm just looking for some ideas to compare with what they've done at this church for years and years and years and years (nothing wrong with it, just seeing if there is something new and refreshing that can add something special to this time that has become somewhat stale in the past!!!!).

Thanks in advance!
Hey Rebecca,
We are doing ordinations of a couple elders and a few of our pastors that haven't yet been ordained this Sunday also so I will PM you our order of service just to give you an idea of what we are doing. Ours is all about being set apart with a special calling. We try really hard to make sure everyone understands that we are all called to be ministers of the gospel, and this is just a setting apart ceremony for those that are called into either vocational ministry or eldership.

By the way, I went to Bible College and Seminary both and I don't remember ever learning anything about ordinations
Have fun!
Gail

The Church Media Community > Graphics & Photography > Graphics Ideas