The Church Media Community
Equipping You to Communicate Effectively
support CMN & share a
library of 19K+ images, videos, etc
Go Pro!

Go Back   The Church Media Community > Presentation Software > General Worship Software
Forgot Password?
                          Register

General Worship Software Discuss programs such as EasyWorship, SundayPlus, MediaShout, WorshipBuilder, SongShow and others.

This forum is sponsored by:

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Saturday, October 16th, 2010, 10:00 PM
New Church Media Member

ProPresenter 4 (PC) vs. SongShow Plus 7

I'm currently trying to determin whether to switch from SSP 7 to PP4. I haven't seen any recent discussion, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

We are planning to set-up our sanctuary for projection and like the idea of requiring only one monitor for the computer. The sanctuary sound booth is very small.

Our contemporary service occurs in the fellowship hall and is currently running SSP7.

Any advise is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Start a New Topic From This Comment
Old Sunday, October 17th, 2010, 08:04 AM
"Your mom goes to college!"
Become a CMN Professional Member!

is money an issue (purchasing PP4?) Have you tired out the demo?

Follow me on Twitter
Old Sunday, October 17th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Home of Song Show Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullat View Post
I'm currently trying to determin whether to switch from SSP 7 to PP4. I haven't seen any recent discussion, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

We are planning to set-up our sanctuary for projection and like the idea of requiring only one monitor for the computer. The sanctuary sound booth is very small.

Our contemporary service occurs in the fellowship hall and is currently running SSP7.

Any advise is appreciated.
As suggested, I would download the program and evaluate. All other features pro presenter includes are available in the June 2010 edition of SSP7. Below is a list of SSP7 features not available in Pro-Presenter 4(Windows).
  • New Features every 3 to 4 months (October 2010 Edition about to be released). Click Here for more information.
  • If you switch you are not going to have 3d transitions and animations.
  • A entire separate seamless program called the slide show builder with wizards. (More powerful seamless replacement for Power point)
  • You will lose the Real-Time Video/Image Editing/Video called (RIP-FX). Like adobe editing products.
  • You will not have the customizable motion backgrounds like (clouds or snowfall). Click Here for more information.
  • You will not have a stage display (only available in Pro-presenter 4 MAC)
  • You will not have an optional SSP alpha-keyer live video module (only available in Pro-presenter 4 MAC).
  • You will not have the custom Youtube and Vimeo Support.
  • You will not have the cinematic effects collection. Click Here for more information.
  • You will not have the Pan and Zoom feature (Like Adobe photoshop Ken Burns Effect).
I hope the information helps and have a blessed day.
Old Sunday, October 17th, 2010, 10:43 AM
New Church Media Member

Somethig else to consider is ease of use...My volunteer staff prefer easy worship over any program we've tried.
Old Sunday, October 17th, 2010, 01:14 PM
will design for bandwidth

What are you hoping PP4 will do that you're not currently getting from SSP?

"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think
Old Monday, October 18th, 2010, 06:35 AM
New Church Media Member

While I try to stay out of the "why is your product better than XYX product?" conversations, there are some mis-statements from the SongShow rep about ProPresenter above:

ProPresenter releases new features very often, and I believe Pro users will tell you its feature updates and support are top notch
You can indeed change video effects/properties for video clips.
Pro4 for Windows does have Stage Display--the most robust in the industry.

Without stepping on anyone's toes and stating personal opinion (which would be biased in my case), I can state that Pro4 for Windows is more or less the same application as Pro4 for Mac (it was developed with the same specs). Pro4 for Mac has been voted "Best Overall Video Product" by WfX (Church Production Magazine) two years in a row. It was also named Collide Magazine's Readers' Choice for Best Worship Software for the past to years. And finally, it is used by 9 out of 10 of Outreach Magazine's "Most Innovative Churches" in America.

As anyone here will tell you, you will be best served to download the free demos for all of these products and see which interface and workflow you like the best.
Old Monday, October 18th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Home of Song Show Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdole7 View Post
While I try to stay out of the "why is your product better than XYX product?" conversations, there are some mis-statements from the SongShow rep about ProPresenter above:

ProPresenter releases new features very often, and I believe Pro users will tell you its feature updates and support are top notch
You can indeed change video effects/properties for video clips.
Pro4 for Windows does have Stage Display--the most robust in the industry.

Without stepping on anyone's toes and stating personal opinion (which would be biased in my case), I can state that Pro4 for Windows is more or less the same application as Pro4 for Mac (it was developed with the same specs). Pro4 for Mac has been voted "Best Overall Video Product" by WfX (Church Production Magazine) two years in a row. It was also named Collide Magazine's Readers' Choice for Best Worship Software for the past to years. And finally, it is used by 9 out of 10 of Outreach Magazine's "Most Innovative Churches" in America.

As anyone here will tell you, you will be best served to download the free demos for all of these products and see which interface and workflow you like the best.
Good Day,

You are correct Pro-presenter 4 does include the stage display. I was thinking of the new Mediashout for MAC, which does not include a stage display. The new edition feature & video effects link in my previous post are self explanitory regarding features ect... All worship software programs will assist you in creating a great program for the church, so make sure you evaluate each one. I hope the information helps and have a blessed day.
Old Monday, October 18th, 2010, 10:35 AM
New Church Media Member

Thanks for the input so far. In regards to the questions posted above (hopefully I don't miss one):

1. Money isn't an issue at this point and I've started to play around with the demo.

2. We've already decided SSP7 was better for our current uses over Easy Worship. We are now determining whether PP4 would be easier for our volunteers to use than SSP7.

3. We are looking to install a projection system in our sanctuary for our traditional services and the space in the soundroom is very limited. We currently need two monitors to run SSP7 and I understand you only need one for PP4. If PP4 can accomplish what we're currently getting from SSP7, is easier to use, and will take up less space then we may make the switch.

I would really like to know if any of you have switched from SSP to PP? Why did you make the change? What do you like best about PP over SSP? I would also like to know if anyone has switched from PP to SSP.

Personally, I do most of the work with these programs and am comfortable with SSP. However I'm on stage Sunday mornings and as my responsibilities at the church continue to grow, I'm looking to delegate this work elsewhere. Ease of use is very important (and we are only looking at these two programs).
Old Monday, October 18th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Church Media Mentor
Become a CMN Business Member!

I don't use or install any other software except Pro Presenter. I have tried every other software available and for me Pro Presenter is the best, most robust software of its kind. But that is my opinion as a long time installer and user.

YMMV

Mike
Old Monday, October 18th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Church Media Regular

Quote:
We currently need two monitors to run SSP7
You can run SSP7 with just one "control" monitor and the second monitor output to your projectors. You don't have to have the second monitor locally. I just switched our setup to this configuration to cut down on "desk" space.
Old Tuesday, October 19th, 2010, 08:20 AM
New Church Media Member

Working with the PP for Windows demo I've noticed the system crashes quite a bit. Usually when I'm working with motion backgrounds. Is this a common problem?

A friend of mine has noticed the same thing.
Old Tuesday, October 19th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Church Media Mentor
Become a CMN Business Member!

I have not had a problem with crashes on PP for Windows. I am running Windows 7 with at least 2GB RAM on all my machines (most have 4GB or 8GB), plus video cards (not onboard video).

Mike

The Church Media Community > Presentation Software > General Worship Software