The Church Media Community
Equipping You to Communicate Effectively
support CMN & share a
library of 19K+ images, videos, etc
Go Pro!

Go Back   The Church Media Community > Presentation Software > General Worship Software
Forgot Password?
                          Register

General Worship Software Discuss programs such as EasyWorship, SundayPlus, MediaShout, WorshipBuilder, SongShow and others.

This forum is sponsored by:

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Friday, April 11th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Media Guy

Convert from Media Shout to Easy Worship

Our worship team has been asked to lead worship for an upcoming women's conference. The conference is at another local church in town. We use Media Shout for all of our song lyrics, they use Easy Worship. Since we have may custom arrangements, and will not be on site there to practice until the night before the conference. I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to transfer what we have in MS to EW.

I've been in contact with their tech director and we tested using RTF but it wasn't as smooth as I hoped as what EW expects in its formats is not what MS exports. Now I can probably massage it without too much work, but I though I would through it out to the CMN community to see if anyone else had a better idea.

The biggest issue was that MS exports each 'slide' (lyric subcue) as its own page in the RTF. EW doesn't seem to care about pages but wants a blank line if I understood correctly to separate each page. (This is using the import feature in 'Add Song' in EW. Is there another way?

I could use Powerpoint as the least common denominator - but I would really like to use motion backgrounds and like the outline that both MS and EW provide.

Thanks.

Dan
Reply With Quote Start a New Topic From This Comment
Old Friday, April 11th, 2008, 09:48 PM
"Your mom goes to college!"
Become a CMN Professional Member!

Easiest thing would be to download and use MediaShout Player... it's free. You make it on your MS computer and play it back on theirs.

Follow me on Twitter
Old Friday, April 11th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Media Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skstarkiller View Post
Easiest thing would be to download and use MediaShout Player... it's free. You make it on your MS computer and play it back on theirs.
I had actually thought about that briefly and it is still an option, although the rest of the conference will be in EW and I wont be there beyond the practice, so I was trying to keep it simple for their tech team.

One caveat with that is that they use widescreen formatting and we don't, I've been playing with that a bit, but really having a tough time getting MS to look right even when changing resolution of the display and within MS.

Dan
Old Friday, April 11th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Media Wizard

You should be able to export your songs as text files. I'm almost sure that EasyWorship will let you import them.
Old Friday, April 11th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Media Guy

From the EW manual it says it will accept RTF, HTML, text, word, write and maybe a few others. My initial hope was that EW would have the equivalent of text cues in MS - so that I could just use the RTFs directly, but it seems that everything gets sucked into the song database.

My workaround at the minute is to export the RTFs to txt - eliminating the paging and maybe do some minor edits if needed. I can do that - probably only 15-20 songs total for the 3 worship sets. What I lose though is title, author, and copyright info - as there is a different place to enter that data in EW.

I guess what I am really looking for is to see if there is something I overlooked on the import, or if there was another way to handle text and still do motion backgrounds.
Old Saturday, April 12th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Media Mogul

You might do a search of the EW forums-I seem to recall that several people have written importers over the years-though I think most were based around ppt to EW.

The workflow we used when going from PPT to OpenSong to EW (when we gave both OS & Ew a trial for worship software) was copying into notepad, then from there to EW. As mentioned, that way you strip out the formatting.
Old Saturday, April 12th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Media Wizard

Does easyworship import powerpoint? Just make powerpoint files and import them.
Old Saturday, April 12th, 2008, 10:26 AM
My other car is a CMN

Don't use PowerPoint, it does ...weird things in EW. Works great, but song lyrics with it wouldn't be fun.

Use plain text (.txt - use Notepad!) files; here's an example. Copying and pasting this into EasyWorship will work. To show the song's order, just repeat stuff. Note the brackets beside the headings, showing notes. The headings it will see as "special", i.e. not just part of song words are Verse, Chorus, Slide, Intro, Ending, all optionally followed by a number.

If you want to test the files you've prepared, you can download a 30-day trial version of EasyWorship. If you're sending videos as well, do NOT send anything DivX encoded - WMV or AVI seem to work best.

Anyway, here's the example song.

Verse 1
Song text goes here
Yeah yeah yeah
Jesus this song is all for You
Ooh yeah

Slide (Pre-Chorus)
Here we go, here we go
Here we go
Here we go

Chorus (repeat once)
I am the chorus, yes I am
Aren't I neat? Don't you love me?
It's all good.

Verse 1
Song text goes here
Yeah yeah yeah
Jesus this song is all for You
Ooh yeah

Slide (Pre-Chorus)
Here we go, here we go
Here we go
Here we go

Chorus (repeat once)
It's all good.

Bridge
Over we go, over we go

Chorus (repeat once)
It's all good.

Ending
Wasn't that good?

Old Saturday, April 12th, 2008, 12:52 PM
DebC

What about just exporting your MS cues as graphic slides, and not worry about calling it a song at all?

You'll be the only person who knows it isn't a bona-fide lyric cue (or whatever EW calls them).

deb
Old Saturday, April 12th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Media Guy

I could use PPT or export as graphic - but I want to use motion backgrounds. So that requires either EW or the MS viewer.
Old Saturday, April 12th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Media Guy

Chris,

What does EW do with the tags at the beginning of each stanza? Is the import smart enough to recognize those as tags and not part of the text (specific keywords in parenthesis). If so is there also a way to get copyright and author imported this way?

Dan
Old Saturday, April 12th, 2008, 04:13 PM
will design for bandwidth

Personally, if this is a big show, I would download the EasyWorship demo and migrate the songs songs you want, formating them for widescreen as you go.

Hopefully someone has a widescreen monitor you could use to set these up.

"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think

The Church Media Community > Presentation Software > General Worship Software