The Church Media Community
Equipping You to Communicate Effectively
support CMN & share a
library of 19K+ images, videos, etc
Go Pro!

Go Back   The Church Media Community > Video Production & Broadcasting > General Video Production
Forgot Password?
                          Register

General Video Production Editing systems and software, cameras, mixers and more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sunday, June 29th, 2008, 06:13 PM
New Church Media Member
Become a CMN Professional Member!

LCD Sanctuary Screens or Monitor

Hi All,
I've been ask to gather information on cost and requirements for adding a couple of screens in our sanctuary above the main platform.

I'm looking for suggestions on setups that show good picture during day or night.

Please list product and models

Thanks everyone
Steve
Reply With Quote Start a New Topic From This Comment
Old Sunday, June 29th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Church Media Regular

Steve, it would be helpful if you gave a little more info. Like physical dimensions of the space, stage configuration, what you will be showing on the screens.
Old Sunday, June 29th, 2008, 09:28 PM
New Church Media Member

I don't have dimensions - I'm thinking around 60 - 70 inch screens
We will show the service - So the output the current video recording setup will feed into the video projection. - This is aid those sitting further back to see better. - We may also show announcement before and after service.

I think I'm really looking for names of products and after reviewing we'd nail down what features we actually wanted.
Old Sunday, June 29th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Church Media Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1040 View Post
I think I'm really looking for names of products and after reviewing we'd nail down what features we actually wanted.
That's pretty much backwards from what you probably really want to do. I agree with hoosier, you need to define the application and requirements and then pick products to fit.

It sounds like you intend to use these screens primarily for i-mag for the people seated in the back of the Sanctuary. A 70" diagonal, 16:9 image is only about 34" high, so if located at the platform as noted then that is not a large enough image to serve the back of the seating in most sanctuaries. It also sounds like you already have a larger projected image and assuming that the projected image is larger than 70" diagonal then it is not clear what advantage these displays would have in helping those at the back of the room. Maybe the situation just isn't clear but that is where some more information might help.

Also, a 70" diagonal flat panel display is pretty heavy and can be difficult to mount over an existing platform. Have you considered the mounting of the displays and how you plan to get power and signal to them? There could be considerable cost in these aspects so you probably want to be sure it really works for you before proceeding.
Old Monday, June 30th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Church Media Mentor

Steve
As indicated - you'd really need to provide the dimensions of the room, especially the distance to the farthest viewer, in order to recommend the proper screen size. Additional information would be the ambient light (in lumens) at the position where the screen would be placed.
With the most distant viewer at 50', you're looking at between a 122" and 153" diagonal screen.
C.
Old Monday, June 30th, 2008, 12:24 PM
New Church Media Member

The farthest viewer is 60 feet
Width of sanctuary is right around 40 feet
The ceiling is 20 feet high
The stage or platform is around 5 feet high.
I'll take a picture of the wall in sanctuary and post it tomorrow.

Last edited by Steve1040; Monday, June 30th, 2008 at 12:25 PM. Reason: additional info
Old Monday, June 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Church Media Mentor

If the farthest viewer is 60', then for standard 4:3, you're looking at 120" - 150", and for 16:9 you're looking at 147" - 180".

The Church Media Community > Video Production & Broadcasting > General Video Production