The Church Media Community
Equipping You to Communicate Effectively
support CMN & share a
library of 19K+ images, videos, etc
Go Pro!

Go Back   The Church Media Community > Teams & Leadership > General Discussion
Forgot Password?
                          Register

General Discussion Media ministry, teambuilding and more.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tuesday, May 3rd, 2005, 11:52 AM
DJ NOS
Spectator

stage design photos/ ideas

I am the lighting programmer/ assistant director for our church and i've been asked to help in the reconstruction of our stage. Due to my previous experiences, I have no clue as far as set designs. lol. this is out of my area of specialty......so PLEASE HELP!!!

seriously though, if someone could direct me to some photos of stages and designs I could look at to get ideas, that would be great. thanks so much and may GOD bless you.

thanks
craig
Reply With Quote Start a New Topic From This Comment
Old Tuesday, May 3rd, 2005, 02:09 PM
Will design for lattes

I think we could be a lot more helpful if we had some idea of the layout you have and some general measurements.

Bill
Old Tuesday, May 3rd, 2005, 03:29 PM
DJ NOS
Spectator

let me try this.

this is a picture of the youth night in 2002 before I was hired. the stage looks a lot different as far as the placement of the drums, lead keys, second keys, bgv's, bass, guitars, and choir goes. we now have white scrim all over the stage on the back wall to give it depth and a new look, but this is what the wall looks like without anything on it. well, take the lights away too, cause those are totally gone and new ones are in and new looks as well. so please don't judge it by what you see. just trying to give you an idea of what we got. I'm trying to find a more recent picture, but you look at the broadcasts at www.bethany.com
thanks for the replies. I greatly appreciate it.
Old Tuesday, May 3rd, 2005, 03:34 PM
DJ NOS
Spectator

im trying to attach a picture I have of the measurements so please bare with me. if it works right, lol, this will show you the measurements of what we have to work with, but we are extending our stage and redesigning the wall to a more modern look. that's the commands I was given. GLORY
Old Tuesday, May 3rd, 2005, 03:42 PM
DJ NOS
Spectator

k well i can't seem to get 2 pics up at once so i'll leave one up for a while and then see what i can do about it. the measurements are just a mickey mouse drawing i did in paint shop, but it's saying it's too big. so here is the picture of the stage 3 years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bethany youth 2002.jpg‎ (322.4 KB, 378 views)
Old Tuesday, May 3rd, 2005, 04:33 PM
Church Media Mentor

Here's the other pic
Attached Images
File Type: gif south-stage-TRUE-MEASUREMEN.gif‎ (4.7 KB, 280 views)
Old Tuesday, May 3rd, 2005, 04:40 PM
DJ NOS
Spectator

thank you very much nathan.
Old Tuesday, May 3rd, 2005, 04:45 PM
DJ NOS
Spectator

forgot to mention i know that 2 projection screens are going to be added into the new stage wall and that they are wanting mulitiple layers corporated into the wall to create more depth and look more modern. we are looking into buying more risers for our drums and guitar players. i think we are going with some circular, chrome, stacked risers, but who knows. what i've learned is that in the church world, people's minds change like the weather sometimes. ah well. gotta deal with it.
Old Thursday, May 5th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Will design for lattes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ NOS
...in the church world, people's minds change like the weather sometimes. ah well. gotta deal with it.
So true, So true.

Bill
Old Wednesday, December 19th, 2007, 11:11 PM
New Church Media Member

Stage ideas

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I would just revive an old one. We're about to build a new stage in our youth building that will be 24' wide, 16' deep, and 12" high. The back half will be covered with plywood and carpet, but my concern is the youth minister wants to cover the front half with deck boards to make it look like a pier since the building is called "The Fishin' Hole"

While I don't really like this idea, I'm looking for ideas to try and make it work or reasons I haven't thought of that make it totally impractical. My current thought is to try and convince him to only use deck boards on the front 4' and make the best of it. I would really like to cover the deck boards with something like lexan, but that would be a bit too expensive.

Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Timothy Zednick
Central Baptist Church
Jacksonville, TX
Old Thursday, December 20th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Church Media Expert

Instead of using real deck boards I'd suggest painting the stage to look like it's got deck boards. That would solve both of your problems. An issue with having real deck boards is that if they aren't spaced close together with no gaps then there's the real possibility that if someone wears heels they can get stuck and fall, or if you have band equipment that something is going to go into the gaps.
Old Thursday, December 20th, 2007, 10:11 AM
will design for bandwidth
Become a CMN Professional Member!

Can the stage be the shore and have a short runway out from that with deckboards?

"...if we are to glorify God fully, we must engage our mind in knowing him truly and our hearts in loving him duly." - John Piper, Think

The Church Media Community > Teams & Leadership > General Discussion