The Church Media Community
Equipping You to Communicate Effectively
support CMN & share a
library of 19K+ images, videos, etc
Go Pro!

Go Back   The Church Media Community > Teams & Leadership > General Discussion
Forgot Password?
                          Register

General Discussion Media ministry, teambuilding and more.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Saturday, October 29th, 2005, 01:11 AM
FWCMediaMan
Spectator

Pastor Appreciation Music, (Crunch Time...)

Welp, I have all of Saturday to put together 2 videos for Pastor Appreciation Day. One is going to be kind of lighthearted... But my main project that I want to do is, I want to put together a heartfelt thank you from the Church to our Pastor
(I am also trying to emphasize that Pastor = Pastor & Wife)

But now, I need to figure out what kind of music to use in the background.... The only ones that I have read or thought of were:

Faces, Just Another Soul, Wind Beneath My Wings,
Thank God For The Preacher, Preacherman,
Thank You For Giving To The Lord, The Call,
and there were a couple others mentioned in an older topic....

Yet, none of the above really fit what I want... The Call is the closest, except I used it to create the Tribute video for David, Kim, and Family When they took the Church in Michigan, and that was just 6 months ago, so I'd rather not use it.....

Any other ideas? Or multiple songs even... I can mix, edit, and remix.. Help!

Or, if nothing comes to mind, maybe you all know of some really really good "instrumental" music that I can use? Something that is uplifting and brings a sense of achievement....

As for the second video, I'm thinking I am going to go with the song "Thank You For Being A Friend".... It really doesn't fit the second video as it will have different members of the congregation's written responses to what they are greatful for the Pastor for... but there ain't no way I'm doing 2 tear jerkers in 1 day... The first will probably take 10 hours as it has to really really be good..

Anyways, thanks thanks thanks for your help. I have 4 people from the church trying to come up with ideas and even 1 of them is supposed to be calling a christian bookstore for ideas in the morning.... but I figured I'd come to you guys for some advice. After all, who would have a better suggestion; someone who sells christian items, or someone who actually makes videos and know how people react to them?

Last edited by FWCMediaMan; Saturday, October 29th, 2005 at 01:12 AM. Reason: I put if instead of is in the 2nd sentence.
Reply With Quote Start a New Topic From This Comment
Old Saturday, October 29th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Ne'er-do-well

The Beatles "With a Little Help from My Friends"? (Emphasizing spirituality on the "get high with a little help from my friends" line) But that's probably not covered by a CCLI license, alas.
Old Saturday, October 29th, 2005, 11:31 AM
FWCMediaMan
Spectator

LOL!! Some of the "Holier Than Thous" May Kick Me Outta The House.

I've been doing a lot of searching and researching.. The only other ones I could come with that would even come close were:

Katrinas - Thank You (Really not the right words for the video. They thank the Lord. While that is a good thing, it's just not what I'm looking for exactly.)

The Best To Date has got to be:
Michael Combs - Keep on Keepin On (doesn't his voice get on your nerves? but his music is great though)

I'm thinking I'm going to mix that and "Thank you for giving to the Lord" together for the video.. what do you all think? Any better songs or suggestions?

Last edited by FWCMediaMan; Saturday, October 29th, 2005 at 11:32 AM. Reason: changed me to may in the punchline
Old Saturday, October 29th, 2005, 11:33 AM
The Big Diehl

I've got a song that MIGHT work for the funner video... its sounds a BIT like the "Jock Jams." It's in the MXC, and you're certainly welcome to use it. I think David Delgado has got a couple tunes in there as well that might work great for a video (and WE ALL LOVE DAVID DELGADO!!)

There is no song that will be covered for video syncing in CCLI. CCLI does not cover video syncronization whatsoever.

I really have a thing for John Tesh Music. Alot of his late 90s stuff was pretty tight instrumetal stuff, that would definitely give the sense of achievement. In fact.... John Tesh wrote the music for the Olympics a few years ago... TALK ABOUT A SONG WITHA SENSE OF ACHIEVEMENT. But yea John Tesh would give you good instrumental-achievement music. The first song that comes to mind is "Avalon." Then on the same album he has another song called "Avalon Shores" that is the same melody but ALOT more mellow. You could do "Avalon" for the upbeat one... and then "Avalon Shores" for the tear-jerker. That would bring real unity to the two pieces. These are available on itunes. Also on itunes is several more tunes by John Tesh from his "Victory: The Sports Collection" album... that album is jam-packed with "Achievement" music, including the full arrangement of "Roundball Rock"... which is more commonly known as the "NBA on NBC Theme." Check it out, i really think this will set you up GREAT!

My official statement: Syncronizing a copyrighted song to a video without a Syncronization license is illegal.
Old Sunday, November 6th, 2005, 09:16 PM
FWCMediaMan
Spectator

Cross Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdiehl
I really have a thing for John Tesh Music. Alot of his late 90s stuff was pretty tight instrumetal stuff, that would definitely give the sense of achievement. In fact.... John Tesh wrote the music for the Olympics a few years ago... TALK ABOUT A SONG WITHA SENSE OF ACHIEVEMENT. But yea John Tesh would give you good instrumental-achievement music. The first song that comes to mind is "Avalon." Then on the same album he has another song called "Avalon Shores" that is the same melody but ALOT more mellow. You could do "Avalon" for the upbeat one... and then "Avalon Shores" for the tear-jerker. That would bring real unity to the two pieces. These are available on itunes. Also on itunes is several more tunes by John Tesh from his "Victory: The Sports Collection" album... that album is jam-packed with "Achievement" music, including the full arrangement of "Roundball Rock"... which is more commonly known as the "NBA on NBC Theme." Check it out, i really think this will set you up GREAT!
I just wanted to say thanks. I used Avalon for the 5 minute fading of different things said on a "certificate of appreciation"..... As for the big tribute video.. I just mixed different stuff in it.. Made it light hearted in part of it, uplifting in parts of it, and powerful in other parts... I posted a really chopped down version in the MXC if you guys want to check it out.. It was like right at 22 hours for me to do the 5 minute COA video and the Big Tribute Video (I started it with the Fuel For Living Champion Spotlight that they did on my Pastor then I mixed Thank You For Giving to the Lord and Keep on Keepin On....) The Big Vid is 10 and a half minutes, so needless to say, it took the bulk of time to make (like 18 hours I think)..

Anyways... Thanks to everyone that had replied to my stupid msgs in this topic and in the other topic on Media Ministry Career.. You guys are great.

Take Care,

Jacob
http://www.tcsky.us (I am not advertising!! LOL)

The Church Media Community > Teams & Leadership > General Discussion