The Church Media Community
Equipping You to Communicate Effectively
support CMN & share a
library of 19K+ images, videos, etc
Go Pro!

Go Back   The Church Media Community > Audio > General Audio
Forgot Password?
                          Register

General Audio All things about sound are discussed here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thursday, December 23rd, 2010, 11:17 AM
New Church Media Member

Sound design/build or consultants in Dallas/Fort Worth area

I'm looking for a good design/build or sound consultants for a new church in Dallas/Fort Worth area.

If you have any recommendation or warning on any, please help. Please PM if you don't want to post public.

Anybody have any experience with proaudio.com? I knew them as sale company but also see build/design service on their site.

Thanks!

Phero.
Reply With Quote Start a New Topic From This Comment
Old Thursday, December 23rd, 2010, 02:58 PM
AVL System Designer

We have a great network of installers in the TX area that we work with! I will PM you about it. Anyone else needing design/build and consulting please let me know.
Old Thursday, December 23rd, 2010, 09:52 PM
Church Media Mentor
Become a CMN Business Member!
Become a CMN Professional Member!

There are some good ones. We are mainly a video and lighting company, but we work with some great sound people.

Mike
Old Tuesday, December 28th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Church Media Mentor
Become a CMN Professional Member!

Whether the decision be to pursue a design-build Contractor or a Consultant, it is almost always best to make a decision on the approach you want first. It can get rather confusing for both you and the other parties if you try to directly compare these two different types of firms and approaches for the same project.

Also, when you say "sound" just what do you mean? Do you mean audio and acoustics? And what is the scope of work? There are some firms that may be very good choices in some situation while others may better serve you in other situations. You may have some firms that are focused and, and thus very efficient with, smaller projects while others may be geared specifically toward larger projects and not pursue smaller projects.

Anybody can say that they offer design, installation and/or consulting, but what are their qualifications and experience? Do they have certified or licensed practitioners? Are they active in groups such as SynAudCon, NSCA and InfoComm? Are they active in this and other church technology, audio and acoustical related forums? Do they carry appropriate commercial and professional liability coverage? What is their education and actual experience (e.g. not just that they worked for another firm, but what was their role there and for what type of projects)? What is their design process and what is the documentation they create like?
Old Friday, March 18th, 2011, 06:58 PM
New Church Media Member

DB in DFW area

We offer design build services and could recommend a consultant if you would like to go that route. Both DB and consultants have their strongs points for selecting them. Please let me know if I can help.

The Church Media Community > Audio > General Audio