Equipping You to Communicate Effectively
| support CMN & share a |
library of 19K+ images, videos, etc
|Announcements in Forum : Communication Systems|
ATTENTION PEOPLE SELLING OR GIVING AWAY ANYTHING: Rules About (mostly against) Self-Promotion
We love having industry experts and professionals, and a wide variety of churches and other non-profit ministries involved in our community. However, to make our community more attractive to members, you may not solicit customers or sales..
If you want to advertise yourself, please buy paid advertising through the Advertising Program. Please consider a Business Membership which allows you to place information about your business in your forum signature.
The best way to get customers is to contribute your knowledge and be helpful just like everyone else. Eventually both your knowledge and your personality will become known to our community who will seek you out.
* If your company or ministry sells or gives away products or services to churches, you may not solicit customers or sales nor promote your company or product in any post, nor in your signature
Promoting yourself includes, but is not limited to:
* soliciting any community members by private message or email
* encouraging people to contact you and/or your business privately
* discussing your prices/fees for products/services
* making many posts merely for increased exposure
* including contact information such as your business name, address, telephone number, email address, website, etc. in your posts or signature
* using your business name and/or website as your "church" which appears in your member profile and in the posts you make
Please note that none of the above should be construed to prohibit genuine customer support activities, such as answering a question about a problem or feature of your product.
Only if you are a current advertiser or business member (or have special permission as a significant contributor to the community) may you put a link to your site in your signature. Special permission is not given routinely, and is primarily given to long-term participants and significant supporters of the community.
We reserve the right to edit any content or ban any member without notification for any reason and remove their posts from our community. The most common reason is for repeated violation of this policy.
Welcome! - PLEASE READ FIRST - ChurchMedia.net Site Rules
Welcome to ChurchMedia! We're glad to have you as part of the community. Please jump in and get involved. Here's a few rules, and HAVE FUN! We especially like it when people make us laugh.
* Stay on topic. If you want to go on a tangent, start a new thread or use the "fork" button. And please say more than "I agree." or "Cool!".
* Say things in the nicest way possible. It's not just what you say, but how you say it.
* Avoid theological, political, philosophical and other debates - including Mac vs PC or which software package is the best. There are many other forums for them away from CMN. In fact, avoid debates in general. The healthy exchange of differing viewpoints is encouraged, but the goal should be to inform, not to "defeat the other side".
* If you have an issue with someone, deal with them by private message. If that doesn't work, contact a moderator, director, or admin. Don't bring personal issues into the forums.
* ChurchMedia is a ministry, but also a business. Please refrain from posting about sites which attempt to be directly competitive.
The Media eXchange Center
* Only upload original material. Make sure you have the appropriate permissions to include any works used in your creation.
* Material downloaded from the MXC may only be used for use "as is" in your non-profit ministry (church, mission, camp, etc.) or as source material to create derivative works for use in your non-profit ministry and for sharing in the MXC. Downloads from the MXC may not be redistributed to other individuals, ministries, or organizations - including uploading them to other websites or distributing them via CD, DVD, memory stick, or other media.
* Uploading material to the MXC grants permission for the above, and for use of that material by ChurchMedia for promotional purposes.
We reserve the right to edit or delete your contributions as we see fit, and to ban anyone without notice for any reason
these rules are based on this previous announcement: http://www.churchmedia.net/announcement.php?a=6