Equipping You to Communicate Effectively
| support CMN & share a |
library of 19K+ images, videos, etc
|Church Media News! Important annoucements about our website.|
| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Rate Thread||Display Modes|
IMPORTANT CMN POLICIES & PURPOSES
This is a brief summary of some very valuable posts Tim made over the years. The words (except the headers, and those in square brackets) are Tim's. Links to the original posts are included. This is supplemental to these two important announcements:
Read First: Welcome! Community Rules for All Members
Rules for Companies or Ministries That Sell or Give Away Stuff
THE PURPOSE OF CMN
1) CMN is not about Tim Eason [or Phil Graves or Dan Roth ] (or anyone else specifically). 2) I believe that God has developed CMN into a gathering place for like-minded individuals called to use media for Kingdom purposes. 3) Those of you with a strong calling to "fix the Church" need to replace your mission with faith. 4) If we can work together, from the bottom up, empty of ambition and pride, God will use us in ways we never could have imagined.
The Purpose of CMN
USE WORDS THAT BUILD UP. AVOID WORDS THAT TEAR DOWN.
A long-time member PMed me yesterday saying that he was walking away from CMN because another member wrote some harsh words in a thread. That really breaks my heart. What? "It's the nature of the 'Net -- get over it"?? Not on my site!
My mantra for YEARS has been, "It's not what you say, it's how you say it." So here's the deal -- If a situation comes up like this again the offending member(s) will get, what's called in the community world, an infraction. It's a public warning and will show up in ALL your posts -- present and past. Three infractions and you will be banned.
New rule on posting
DO NOT UPLOAD MATERIAL THAT VIOLATES COPYRIGHT!
Anyone who uploads material that is not their own or not covered under the creator's EULA as a legitimate derivative of their work will have an official warning posted to their user record, may be banned, or may have legal action taken against them! It's that serious.
This article might help you understand copyright better: 20 Church Copyright Questions
[Announcement] MXC Copyright Warning!
KEEP SIGNATURE SIZE SMALL
*You're limited to 6 user bars, 2 rows of 3
*If your signature is 4 times as large as your average post, it's TOO BIG!
[Announcement] Signature Size
YOUR USERNAME CAN BE YOUR BUSINESS NAME ONLY IF YOU ARE A PRO MEMBER
New Policy for User Names/Sigs
DO NOT PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS, MINISTRY, AND/OR WEBSITE IN YOUR SIGNATURE UNLESS
* You're a PRO member
* You have asked for and received permission
New Policy for User Names/Sigs
IF CONCERNED, YOU CAN TAKE STEPS TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
1) NEVER put your email address, phone number or address in your signature or in a post. We'll delete it if we see it -- for your protection and ours.
2) If you are concerned about your online privacy, use an alias and only put your state in the location field. This is actually a shame. I prefer to use my real name and let people know where I'm from. I'm not worried about it, but if it will put your mind at ease, do it.
3) ALWAYS report it to us when you receive any kind of solicitation as a result of your info on CMN, whether it was helpful to you or not. If these people know that you will report them every time and that we will take legal action, we will have fewer occurrences.
ChurchMedia.net and Your Privacy
Last edited by danroth; Tuesday, July 29th, 2008 at 01:13 PM.