Go Pro!

Go Back   The Church Media Community > Audio > Audio Recording
Forgot Password?
                          Register

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 08:09 AM
New Church Media Member

Sony CD recorder

One of the items on our shopping list is a CD recorder I noticed the Sony is about half the cost of the Teac rack mount. Is there any reason not to buy the Sony?

Sony CD Recorder (RC-DW500C)

Good thing I also read this artical I guess a CD player should also be on the list!
Reply With Quote Start a New Topic From This Comment
Old Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Mocha Connoisseur

The Sony and other "Consumer" level CD recorders require you to purchase the more expensive Music blank CD's. The ONLY difference is the "Music" CDs have a Flag on the disc telling the recorder it can use the disc. This is to feed more money to the RIAA as a royalty has been paid on that CDR/CDRW disc.

But there is also a major difference in quality. We use the HHB BurnIt and although it was expensive, we love the unit and I want a second one. The Plus has XLR inputs and outputs as well as a time clock port to sync digital (TOS) inputs.
Old Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Pro Member? Hardly!

"cascade-able" CD burners?

In a similar vein...

Is anybody aware of CD burning units that will automatically cascade from one disc to a second disc if the record time exceeds 80 minutes. We are currently using the Microboards CopyWriter Live and it is giving us more grief than we expected.

Thanks!

Jack
Old Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 11:05 PM
New Church Media Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon
The Sony and other "Consumer" level CD recorders require you to purchase the more expensive Music blank CD's. The ONLY difference is the "Music" CDs have a Flag on the disc telling the recorder it can use the disc. This is to feed more money to the RIAA as a royalty has been paid on that CDR/CDRW disc.

But there is also a major difference in quality. We use the HHB BurnIt and although it was expensive, we love the unit and I want a second one. The Plus has XLR inputs and outputs as well as a time clock port to sync digital (TOS) inputs.
Thanks for the advise Sheldon I was hoping to duplicate with the same machine even if it is one at a time. But that CD music disk issue would probably start to anoy us after a while so I think the sony is off the list. It looks like duplicating with the HHB would require playing the first copy on another machine while recording with the HHB.

Thans again
Old Tuesday, June 20th, 2006, 08:50 AM
New Church Media Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE
In a similar vein...

Is anybody aware of CD burning units that will automatically cascade from one disc to a second disc if the record time exceeds 80 minutes. We are currently using the Microboards CopyWriter Live and it is giving us more grief than we expected.

Thanks!

Jack
In their ads, Microboards claims to be the only company that makes these cascading burners.

The Church Media Community > Audio > Audio Recording